So I am watching Around the Horn today, and Bill Plaschke from the LA Times said two things that made me go "HUH?"
#1 If you put USC, Oregon, or UCLA in the SEC this year they would have hands down won the conference, undefeated. He said the top teams were down and the middle teams were making them pay.
#2 All the speed on offense has moved to the Pac-10.
My question is, do you guys agree with both of these comments? Am I blinded by an East Coast bias because I don't stay up until 1 or 2 AM watching USC vs. St. Mary Margaret's School for the Slightly Hunchbacked?
I just don't see all 3 of those teams going through either division of the SEC undefeated. All the teams in the SEC are so competitive that you have to play week in and week out. Look at Georgia, they lose their starting QB, then subsequently lose 2 games. If they didn't play in the SEC, would Shockley have gotten hurt? Would they have lost their next two games if their opponents were Stanford and Washington State instead of Auburn and Florida? Is it that the SEC is a better conference top to bottom than the Pac-10? I think yes. Is the best of the Pac-10 better than the best of the SEC?
Second, you look at teams like Miami, Texas, LSU, Florida, VTech, FSU. Do you mean to tell me that they don't have the speed of a Pac-10 team?
The Pac-10 is severely overrated. If USC played ANYONE other than Notre Dame in a whole season. If they picked a powerhouse like Miami or even Ohio State or Michigan to play, then I could understand the hype, but they don't, so I don't.






Bookmarks